top of page
analogia del ser banner.jpg

Lu Zirolli

Lu Zirolli is an Argentine traveler with a restless soul.

She is a photographer and a singer. She was born and lives in Buenos Aires, but spends a lot of time in the countryside and traveling. She grew up in a space between two different worlds, deeply loving both and fully enjoying each one.

Although art wasn't a big part of her household, there was always music, and her grandmothers were painters. From a young age, one of them taught her to appreciate and discuss their paintings, a memory that still lingers when she looks at her own images.

She studied photography at the Diego Ortiz Mugica school, falling in love with analog photography and "seeing the image appear in the water, like in the movies."

Currently, she works in tourism, and thanks to her job, her restless soul, and her ever-ready suitcase, she travels the world, allowing her to develop her photographic style, especially in street photography, while tirelessly seeking beauty everywhere. Her ally and companion in this task is a Rolleiflex camera, which she adores and claims sometimes guides her on when to take a photo.

"Through my photography, I seek to bring some beauty to this world, to convey love, peace, and tranquility in a complex world that often engulfs and drags us into its endless sea of events.

Photography assists me in my personal quest, in this attempt to get a little closer each day to being a better version of myself.

Photography transports me, makes me pause, look, think, and feel in the face of the world. Only afterward can I capture and somehow freeze a fleeting moment that will be exposed to the eyes of others at some later point and will live in my heart forever."

"Analogía del ser" (Analogy of Being) is her first solo exhibition. It showcases 35 fine art black and white photographs, with over 70% of them being completely analog. Of the remaining 30%, only 3 are digital captures.

In the craftsmanship of her works, one can see her search, dedication, and passion.

Lu is intimately familiar with the rhythm that analog photography sets, and she follows it effortlessly. Perhaps that's why listening to her sing jazz and viewing her photographs become moments of effortless communion.

27 El cambalache y yo.jpg
bottom of page